What is Channel Data Management?
Traditionally, the term
channel data management refers to distributor sales data. But CDM is a more expansive concept, encompassing data points that channel teams rely on to:
- Understand who their partners are and how they interact with them
- Distributor inventory levels
- Determine partner eligibility and access to resources and tools
- Classify and segment partners to understand their capabilities and how-to best support and grow relationships with them
- Measure performance to determine which partners are the most and least valuable.
- If relying on data to drive these interactions with the channel, companies need to have complete, accurate, and up-to-date data
In this round table discussion, you’ll hear directly from industry leaders from Vistex, Adobe, ScanSource, Intel and NEC Display as they share insights on putting data management to work for their organizations. Discussion topics include:
- The role channel data management plays in day-to-day operations
- Most critical areas of CDM to get right, the first time
- Providing incentives for good data
- Advice on improving the state of data