Our Client in Cape Town requires a Media Analytics Manager for a permanent role. The successful candidate will create and deliver valuable data based insights, predictions and recommendations for the business by combining the use of data analytics and business process management for an Integrated Media Solution coordinating across various business units (Pricing and Promotions, Rewards, Sc Optimisation, Digital and Epos). To monitor and analyse data across all media channels, and supports Media business unit in achieving business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Economics, Statistics, Business or Finance or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of experience in operations analytics or business analytics
- Experience in using relational databases for SQL queries, database definition, and schema design
- Experience with building and presenting operational dashboards
- Understand best practices in data-driven media planning across multiple channels and media
- Lead business engagement with media business stakeholders by acting as an expert source of information for the business leaders on analysis and how it can support them in achieving their business objectives in media and audience planning, performance analytics and channel performance
- Maturing analysis expertise within the media unit
- Develop and implement analysis strategies by working with the business and team members to decide on courses of investigation that are likely to deliver actionable insights
- Bring traditional media, digital media and retail EPOS data and metrics into operation for decision-making and optimisation Guide the analytics team, and the expanded virtual team required across functions, to deliver business value by identifying and securing the support of potential members of the extended team
- Include the team in the development of the analysis strategy and constantly update it as greater insight is built
- Identify and adopt appropriate technology by working closely with solution architects, systems analysts and project managers in the design of solutions
- Provide input on alternatives presented by the solution architects
- Engage the most appropriate stakeholders in the business and IT to obtain input and agreement on alternatives that are presented
- Working with the data analyst, data scientists and researchers to create analytical outputs based on input from insights managers Oversee the testing and implementation of the actions resulting from analytical outputs
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong experience working hands-on with big data systems.
- Strong understanding of data mining models, structures, theories, principles and practices
- Expert knowledge in decision trees, association rules, neural networks and clustering
- Deep knowledge of key data structures and algorithms.
- Media experience essential
- Excellent communication, reporting, and influencing skills
- Solutions focused and strategic thinker
- Highly effective change management, communication
- Attention to detail
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong business Partnering
- Executive level stakeholder management experience
If you have not heard from us after 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.