Our Client in Cape Town requires a Business Analyst II – ECommerce for a contract role.
The systematic and methodical investigation, analysis and documentation of all or part of a business in terms of business functions and processes, and the information they use. The identification and examination of business needs and determine timely and effective solutions to business problems.
The identification and development of new and alternative approaches to performing business activities that are made possible by the availability of information and communications technology.
This includes: understanding different project methodologies, and the underlying technology and its application, assessment of the costs and potential benefits of the new approaches considered and, where appropriate, change management and assistance with implementation.
The role acts as a bridge between the business unit, organisational stakeholders and the solution team.
- BCom Information System
- Industrial Engineer
- Professional Qualification Level 6 (FTI Diploma in business analysis)
- 3-5 Years’ experience as a Business Analyst
- 1-2 Years’ experience in a Retail environment
- Experience in dealing with projects related to implementing E-commerce and value added services across digital channels
- Investigate and describe current business processes, identifying the organizational structure undertaking and supporting the business activities
- Identify cultural, organizational and business constraints affecting options for change
- Assess the risks, costs and potential benefits of alternative business process designs
- Responsible for investigative work to seek effective business solutions
- Organize their implementation through improvements in information systems, data management, processes / procedures, organization and equipment
- Applies and monitors the use of required modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards in an intelligent and effective way
- Co-operate with senior client and IS staff as required, Conducting investigations at a high level for strategy studies, requirements specifications and feasibility studies
- Utilise business experience and skills to assess and advice on the practicability of alternatives, marrying up technical limitations with operational realities
- Take responsibility as needed for the detailed specification and modelling of recommended solutions using resources, standards, methods and tools as required. Maintain links with appropriate counterparts within both architecture and service delivery functions and play a full part in bringing systems to implementation as detailed by organization policies and methods
- In all assignments, ensure that account is taken of any potential safety-related aspects of work undertaken supervising, as called for, the use of specialised techniques, tools and methods in analysis, modelling and design
- Plan, arrange and control meetings, workshops and relations with client/user staff during system investigations and throughout subsequent development work
- Take responsibility at a high level for the proper conduct of such relations
- Plan and organize the giving of presentations or training sessions to all levels including senior management
- Able to think creatively, adapt quickly and bring fresh ideas to the environment
- Clear understanding of the needs of users, customers / clients and stakeholders
- Collaborative relationship between the users, customers and stakeholders and the technical team
- Strong commitment to project objectives
- Use of reputable requirements process that is continuously improved
- The maintenance of a system architecture that supports the users, customers and stakeholders’ current and planned needs
- The ability to accommodate changes in requirements as they are progressively elaborated
- Understanding of cost factors involved in the development process
Knowledge and Skills
- Familiar with a range of analysis, modelling and design methods
- Understanding of Value Chain Concepts – The complete sequence of activities within a process, from receipt of an order or request to delivery of a product or service
- Thorough understanding of all stages of alternative application development life cycles both within and beyond own organisation
If you have not heard from us after 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.