Our Client in Cape Town requires a SAP BW Functional Analyst II for a 6 months contract role. The successful candidate will develop and support the SAP BW data warehouse.
- 3yr Diploma/Degree or equivalent
- Relevant SAP BW / HANA certification (advantageous)
- 5+ years SAP- Retail and / or HR Domain experience
- 5+ years experience in SAP BW in total
- 5+ years experience in SAP BW on HANA or SAP BW/4HANA
- 7+ years experience in SAP BW in total
- 2+ years experience in native HANA views (combination of dataloads and reporting relevant calculation and/or script-based views)
- Completion of 3 SAP project implementations with 1 being in a retail and/or HR environment
- Develop web and client based decision support solutions on the SAP BW platform, including reports, dashboards and data extracts
- The primary responsibility of the BW FA is to design solutions that run off the SAP BW platform. This involves taking requirements from various inputs, and translating those into technical design documents. There is also an expectation that the BW FA will develop solutions where capacity allows.
Creation of technical specs
- Quality Control / Peer review of solutions developed
- Proactive solution design for SAP BW system, not only responding to business requests
- Development of BW content
- Development of HANA content
- Development and implementation of high volume batch and/or real time data loads.
- Integration to various systems, both SAP and non-SAP
Support and maintain existing database and decision support systems including:
- Troubleshoot data and system related issues
- Identify problems and propose changes
- Liaise with technical and business users to resolve issues
- Design & implement changes to existing systems
- Design & implement new solutions
- Coach and mentor junior staff
Knowledge and Skills
- SAP Solutions Manager
- LSA++ design methodology
- End-to-End testing methods
- Performance tuning of BW and HANA objects
- SAP BW on HANA – Modelling, ETL, Reporting
- SAP HANA models -Calculation, Analytical views
If you have not heard from us after 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.